Common Causes and Treatments for Back Pain At Tucker Chiropractic P.C.
Back pain can interfere with daily activities and make it difficult to get through a full day of work or school. There is a vast array of causes and contributing factors that may be causing your back pain; however, the most common causes are due to sciatica, injury (sports or auto accident) and herniated disc. The good news there are a number of back pain treatment options available at a chiropractor Blue Springs. Here are few common causes of back pain and how Tucker Chiropractic P.C. can help.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Muscle strain is a common type of back injury that often occurs while doing physical activities. Your muscles can easily become strained when putting excessive pressure on your back or if your muscles move in an unnatural way. Other common types of back pain may be due to:
- Herniated discs-A herniated disc occurs when there is undue pressure put on the spinal discs, which are located between the vertebrae. A herniated disc puts pressure on the nerves that run through your spine and other parts of your body.
- Auto accident injuries-It is common for people who are in an auto accident to experience pain in their back resulting from the seat belt putting pressure on the spine during impact. The impact causes your body to naturally twist, which may rupture a disc, tear ligaments or muscles and cause bruising to the spine.
- Spinal compression-This type of injury occurs when the spine presses against itself, often the result of the sudden force applied to the spine or poor posture. This type of injury may lead to muscle strains and/or herniated discs.
How Can a Chiropractor Blue Springs Help?
If you aren’t getting any relief from home remedies, such as hot and cold therapy, it is recommended that you seek help from a chiropractor Blue Springs for back pain treatment. There are a number of treatment options available from your chiropractor to relieve your back pain, including:
- Massage therapy, which is extremely beneficial for relaxing muscle tension. Relaxing the muscles can greatly help to reduce the pain and allow you to get back to normal activities.
- Spinal manipulation, which is a common technique used by chiropractors to relax irritated muscles by applying pressure to areas of the back in order to reduce the intensity of your pain.
- Traction, which is a technique that involves the use of weights and pulley to stretch your spine and help relieve your back pain.
Contact Our Tucker Chiropractic P.C. in Blue Springs, MO Today!
Back pain can be miserable, but the good news is your chiropractor can help to relieve the pain and discomfort of a back injury. Chiropractic care is a natural, holistic type of treatment that often reduces the need for drugs and painful surgeries.
To learn more information about chiropractic treatments for your back pain, contact Tucker Chiropractic P.C.