Our Chiropractor at Tucker Chiropractic P.C. in Blue Springs, MO is Answering Your Questions About Neck Pain Treatment
At Tucker Chiropractic P.C. we're connecting our community with a chiropractor in Blue Springs, MO who can offer you relief and insights into your acute or chronic neck pain. Our patients come to us with many concerns about this common condition, including how to alleviate their symptoms without relying on drugs.
What's Causing My Neck Pain?
Causes of neck pain can be diagnosed through physical examination, patient history, and diagnostic imaging as appropriate (read in our clinic by a licensed radiologist). Our chiropractor in Blue Springs frequently diagnoses underlying conditions such as:
- Osteoarthritis: "wear and tear" induced inflammation in the joint
- Whiplash: a strain in cervical tissues due to rapid flexion/extension at the neck (such as during an auto accident)
- Muscle strains: damage to muscle fibers in the neck and shoulder
- Tech neck: temporary strain to the neck due to poor forward flexed posture during cell phone use
- Cervical radiculopathy: compression of a cervical nerve root (often by a herniated or bulging disc)
- Joint subluxation: misalignments in cervical joints and vertebral bones
Sometimes, the exact cause of your neck pain may be unclear, or there may be several factors at play.
What Are Common Risk Factors For Neck Pain?
Many neck pain risk factors are controllable and avoidable. They may include:
- Gender (women report more neck pain than men)
- Repetitive overhead movement
- Poor posture and ergonomics
- Personal injury or acute trauma
What Symptoms Are Associated With Neck Pain?
In addition to a stiff, tender, and painful neck, people with neck pain may also report stiffness and pain in the shoulder, headaches, jaw pain, or numbness and tingling in the arm or hand.
Your symptoms may come and go, and if left untreated they may lead to chronic dysfunction.
What Should I Expect From Neck Pain Treatment?
Many of the holistic services offered by our Blue Springs chiropractor are ideal for people with neck pain who are looking for drug-free and non-invasive solutions for effective and lasting relief:
- Chiropractic adjustments, to realign your joints, alleviate pressure on spinal nerves and trigger pain relief by stimulating analgesic hormone production (Dr. Tucker also has advanced training in the Croft personal injury theory)
- Acupuncture, to trigger pain relief and decreased muscle tension
- Corrective exercises, to help maintain joint realignment, stimulate tissue healing and optimize posture
In Need of Neck Pain Relief? Contact Our Tucker Chiropractic P.C. in Blue Springs, MO!
The team at Tucker Chiropractic is happy to be your local resource for drug-free neck pain relief. To schedule a FREE appointment with Blue Springs chiropractor Dr. Kevin Tucker, contact us at 816-228-8900.